- This event has passed.
Pollinator Planting in Bear Canyon
April 3, 2016Free
PLANTING FOR POLLINATORS IN BEAR CANYON
April 3, 2016
Spend a day with us in beautiful Bear Canyon. We have been working to create a healthier habitat for native species by removing invasive plants and planting species that are beneficial to the other native plants and animals in this riparian community. Today will be all about planting beautiful flowering plants!
- 8 AM: Meet us at the South end of the Safeway parking lot on the Northeast corner of Sabino Canyon and Tanque Verde
- 3 PM: We’ll return to the meeting spot.
- This project is rated as lightly strenuous; we will be installing and watering plants. The work will include bending and walking on uneven surfaces, and potentially walking through water.
WHAT TO BRING
- Anything you would bring on a long day hike, such as plenty of water, lunch/snacks, sturdy footwear (i.e. boots), sun protection (sunscreen, long pants and long-sleeved shirts), etc.
- Volunteer Agreement/Waiver (only needs to be filled out once in a calendar year) https://skyislandalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/VOLUNTEER-WAIVER-AGREEMENT.pdf
PROVIDED BY SIA
- Tools, work gloves, supplemental drinking water and first aid equipment. Tools involved – shovels and picks to install plants, and buckets to water them.
- This trip will be led by Carianne Campbell.
- Sorry, dogs are not allowed on this project.
- There is no fee involved for this project (although we will put any donations to good use!)
Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org