- This event has passed.
Planting for Pollinators in Bear Canyon 2
April 16, 2016, 8:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
Spend a day with us in beautiful Bear Canyon. We have been working to create a healthier habitat for pollinators and other wildlife in Bear Canyon by removing fountain grass to make way for native plants. Today will be all about planting beautiful flowering plants!
- 8 AM: Meet us at the South end of the Safeway parking lot on the Northeast corner of Sabino Canyon and Tanque Verde
- 3 PM: We’ll return to the meeting spot.
- This project is rated as lightly strenuous; we will be installing and watering plants. The work will include bending and walking on uneven surfaces, and potentially walking through water.
WHAT TO BRING
- Anything you would bring on a long day hike, such as plenty of water, lunch/snacks, sturdy footwear (i.e. boots), sun protection (sunscreen, long pants and long-sleeved shirts), etc.
- Volunteer Agreement/Waiver (only needs to be filled out once in a calendar year) https://skyislandalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/VOLUNTEER-WAIVER-AGREEMENT.pdf
PROVIDED BY SIA
- Tools, work gloves, supplemental drinking water and first aid equipment. Tools involved – shovels and picks to install plants, and buckets to water them.
- This trip will be led by Carianne Campbell.
- Sorry, dogs are not allowed on this project.
- There is no fee involved for this project (although we will put any donations to good use!)
Questions? Contact Carianne: firstname.lastname@example.org