- This event has passed.
Join the Sky Island FotoFauna Project: February 2022
February 1, 2022 - February 28, 2022
Join our wildlife-watching fun & learn more about the species that live in your neighborhood!
By joining Sky Island FotoFauna — a growing network of wildlife cameras — you’ll help us observe the presence, absence, and seasonal movements of wildlife species throughout the binational Sky Island region.
What is FotoFauna?
FotoFauna is a volunteer project operated entirely by local communities: schools, families, agencies, and nonprofits who are passionate about the wildlife that passes through their yards. It’s easy to join. Just set up a wildlife camera somewhere on your property and then, at the end of every month, submit an online FotoFauna checklist of the species you’ve observed.
By submitting wildlife data to us, you’re helping Sky Island Alliance and its two-dozen partners study when and where wildlife is present so we all can better protect the region’s habitats and pathways.
Want to join us?
The next cycle of FotoFauna wildlife observation starts March 1, 2022!
Take the following steps this month to prepare for a successful start:
1. Watch our webinar “Getting Started with FotoFauna” to learn how the project works.
2. Read our guide on how to pick out the right wildlife camera for you.
3. Pick out a camera! Make sure you order all the necessary elements: batteries, SD card, etc.
4. Read our guide on how to set up your new backyard wildlife camera.
5. Explore the wildlife identification resources on our FotoFauna webpage.