- This event has passed.
TimBuckTwo Pond Restoration – Monday
February 22, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
PROJECT SCHEDULE & LOCATION
Meet at 8:00 a.m. at our new office: 406 S 4th Ave, Tucson, AZ 85701 at the SW corner of 4th Ave and 14th St. There is plenty of parking in our lot off 14th as well as along the streets! We will carpool/caravan out to the work site in Amado. We will work throughout the day with a break for lunch, and be back to the office by 5:00 p.m.
THE WORK AND WHAT TO KNOW
We will be working to support Tom as he excavates and re-contours the pond. This will include prepping the site, digging and raking soil, removing vegetation that has encroached into the pond, and helping to install the new pond liner. We will also be installing native plants that will benefit pollinators and wildlife, as well as help the site return to a natural appearance as soon as possible. Be prepared to get dirty, maybe even muddy, but rest assured that there will be tasks for all levels of ability.
WHAT TO BRING
- Water, snacks, and lunch.
- Binoculars! This is a fabulous birding spot!
- Sturdy footwear (ex. hiking boots) that you don’t mind getting dirty or muddy
- Sun protection (ex. wide-brimmed hat, sunblock, long sleeved shirt and long pants)
- SIA will provide all tools and work gloves, though if you have a pair of gloves you like, feel free to bring them.
Contact Bryon Lichtenhan at email@example.com