- This event has passed.
Beat Back Buffelgrass Day 2017 – RESCHEDULED!
January 28, 2017, 9:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
RESCHEDULED DUE TO WINTER STORM!
Now scheduled for Saturday, January 28th.
Celebrate Beat Back Buffelgrass Day for 2017 with Sky Island Alliance, making a difference in your local wild lands!
¡Personal bilingüe estará presente en este viaje!
Plan to meet us at the South end of the Safeway parking lot on the NE corner of Sabino Canyon and Tanque Verde at 9 am. We’ll return to the meeting spot by 3pm. We will shuttle/carpool to the actual work site in Bear Canyon from our meeting spot, as we will be driving into an area of the National Forest with restricted access and limited parking.
- This project is rated as moderately strenuous; we will be digging out invasive grasses. The work will include bending and walking on uneven surfaces, and potentially walking through water.
WHAT TO BRING
- CLOSED-TOE SHOES/BOOTS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS PROJECT. Aside from that, anything you would bring on a long day hike would be recommended, such as plenty of water, lunch/snacks, sun protection (sunscreen, long pants and long-sleeved shirts), etc.
PROVIDED BY SIA
- Tools, work gloves, supplemental drinking water and first aid equipment. Tools involved – shovels, picks, and metal pry bars will be our main weapons against these invasive plants. Chemical herbicides will NOT be used.
- This trip will be led by Bryon Lichtenhan.
- ¡Personal bilingüe estará presente en este viaje!
- Families are welcome!
- Sorry, dogs are not allowed on this project.
- There is no fee involved for this project (although we will put any donations to good use!)
Questions? Contact Bryon: email@example.com or ext. 27