- This event has passed.
Bear Canyon Fountain Grass Fight Club
April 28, 2017, 9:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
FIRST RULE OF FOUNTAIN GRASS FIGHT CLUB:
YOU HAVE TO TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT FOUNTAIN GRASS FIGHT CLUB!!!
Join us for a new year driving fountain grass out of Bear Canyon. We are continuing our march through the canyon laying waste upon invasive grasses where ever we find them. Join us in this beautiful and popular canyon right in the foothills of the Santa Catalina’s.
¡Personal bilingüe estará presente en este viaje!
- Plan to meet us at the designated meeting spot (NE corner of Sabino Canyon Rd and Tanque Verde Rd, at the south end of the Safeway parking lot) at 9 am.
- We’ll return to the meeting spot by 3pm.
- This project is rated as moderately strenuous; we will be digging out invasive grasses. The work will include bending and walking on uneven surfaces, and potentially walking through water.
WHAT TO BRING
- CLOSED-TOE SHOES/BOOTS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS PROJECT. Pants and long-sleeved shirts are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Aside from that, anything you would bring on a long day hike would be recommended, such as plenty of water, lunch/snacks, sun protection (sunscreen, wide-brimmed hat), etc.
PROVIDED BY SIA
- Tools, work gloves, supplemental drinking water and first aid equipment. Tools involved – picks, and metal pry bars will be our main weapons against these invasive plants. Chemical herbicides will NOT be used.
- This trip will be led by Bernardo Murrieta.
- Sorry, dogs are not allowed on this project.
- There is no fee involved for this project (although we will put any donations to good use!)
Questions? Contact Bernardo: email@example.com or 520-624-7080 ext. 27