- This event has passed.
Bear Canyon Fountain Grass Battle
November 7, 2015, 8:00 am - 2:00 pmFREE
REGISTER: Saturday, November 7th
- Plan to meet us at the designated meeting spot (near the Sabino Canyon Recreation Area, details TBD) at 8 am.
- We’ll return to the meeting spot by 3pm.
- This project is rated as moderately strenuous; we will be digging out invasive grasses. The work will include bending and walking on uneven surfaces, and potentially walking through water.
WHAT TO BRING
- Anything you would bring on a long day hike, such as plenty of water, lunch/snacks, sturdy footwear (i.e. boots), sun protection (sunscreen, long pants and long-sleeved shirts), etc.
- Volunteer Agreement/Waiver (only needs to be filled our once in a calendar year) https://skyislandalliance.org/vol-agreement-waiver.pdf
PROVIDED BY SIA
- Tools, work gloves, supplemental drinking water and first aid equipment. Tools involved – shovels, picks, and metal pry bars will be our main weapons against these invasive plants. Chemical herbicides will NOT be used.
- This trip will be led by Bryon Lichtenhan.
- Sorry, dogs are not allowed on this project.
- There is no fee involved for this project (although we will put any donations to good use!)
Questions? Contact Bryon: email@example.com or 520-624-7080