Sky Island Alliance uses social networking platforms, like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube, to connect and interact with audiences across the globe. We seek to maintain an online space that is family friendly, safe, and welcoming for all, including our supporters, volunteers, donors, and partners.
Comments, conversation, debate, and even polite disagreement are welcomed on our social media channels. We acknowledge that everyone has different views and the right to express them.
However, we also reserve the right to remove comments that include any of the following:
- Potential or outright libelous comments.
- Obscene, racist, sexist, or otherwise bigoted comments.
- Personal attacks, insults, or language that threatens emotional or physical violence.
- Private or personal information that has been published without consent.
- Comments totally unrelated to the topic of the post.
- Commercial promotions or spam.
- Links to material that are not directly related to the discussion.
- Comments that are duplicated on multiple posts.
- Comments that harass SIA staff and/or volunteers, including unnecessary or derogatory comments on appearance, age, ethnic background and race, gender expression and sexual orientation (including preferred pronouns), etc.
- Suggestions of illegal, dangerous, or destructive activity.
We also reserve the right to ban or block any repeat offenders.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.